Work Smarter, Not Harder
Ergonomics Definition: The study of a human’s physical ability in relation to the demands of work.
Use proper techniques when lifting.
- Examine the load and the surrounding area
- Step into the load as you lift
- Turn feet in direction of movement
- Straddle the load with your feet
- Bend knees when lifting a load
- Keep back straight by looking up
- Maintain a firm, balanced grip on the load
- Position load close to the body and avoid twisting
- Use your forward momentum to help with the lift
- Use smooth, controlled movements
- If the load is too heavy, too large or too awkward…stop and get help