Company: Waste Pro
Position Field: Mechanic
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Waste Pro offers a comprehensive pay range with hourly rates from $25.00 – $31.00 per hour based on proven skills & capability. Waste Pro Technicians receive a $2,000.00 Retention Bonus during the first year of employment and are eligible for yearend and referral bonuses!
Everyday thousands of Waste Pro trucks serve millions of customers. It takes professional, experienced, hardworking and dedicated people, working together, to accomplish this task. Work with the brightest people in the industry on some of the finest trucks built including Mack, Freightliner, Peterbilt, McNeilus, and Heil to name a few. Never get bored while you work on diesel trucks and our alternative fuel source fleets to include CNG, LPG and Hybrid. If you are energetic, team oriented and love a challenge apply with Waste Pro and be the Distinguishable Difference!
Waste Pro offers a comprehensive pay range based on proven skills & capability. As a Waste Pro employee you are eligible for year end and referral bonuses!
We believe people make the difference and are committed to helping our best become even better. Waste Pro supports your pursuit of ASE Certification through fee reimbursement, increase(s) in compensation, and a Master Technician Achievement Bonus! To assist in your career development, Waste Pro Technicians are eligible to receive a monthly tool allowance of up to $50.00 per month and a $150.00 per year boot allowance!
Our benefits package includes Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; a 401k Plan, Disability Insurance; Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Advanced knowledge and ability to diagnose and repair engine, transmission, brake, suspension, electrical, hydraulic, body components and systems related to heavy duty and light duty trucks. This may include gasoline, diesel and CNG systems. May include welding and fabrication.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the A Technician will be responsible for diagnostics related to a fleet of refuse and recycling vehicles.
* Maintenance and repair of all aspects of Mack, IHC, Autocar, Heil, McNeilus vehicles and equipment.
* Support of coworkers in working safely and efficiently in the maintenance and repair of fleet of vehicles and equipment.
* Completes all required paperwork in a timely and concise manner.
* Follows all safety policies and procedures
* Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
* Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
* Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
* Conducts repairs utilizing Factory Service Manuals.
* Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
* Maintain high standard of Ethics and Dependability.
* Ability to provide Drive Train Inspections, Diagnosis and Repair
* Ability to provide General Engine Inspection, Diagnosis and Repair
* Ability to provide Transmission Inspection, Diagnosis and Repair
* Ability to Perform Outside Repair Inspection Review
* Ability to Assess Structural Damage and assign needed repairs
* Ability to Provide assistance, guidance and direction to all shop technicians
* CDL Class B (required)
* Ability to obtain 7 ASE Certifications or equivalent within 36 months
* 3-5 years of hands on technical experience in the maintenance and repair of medium duty class 8 vehicles and equipment. Preferably with waste/recycling industry experience
* Clear understanding of OSHA safety requirements for vehicle fleets Ability to utilize computers for data tracking, communication etc. (dossier, Microsoft office).
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Exposure to chemical and residential waste.
* Walking, Jogging, Twisting, Crouching, Lifting
* Sufficient stamina for steady work pace throughout the day
* Able to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment as mandated by company
* Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial motor vehicle between 50 and 100 times a day
* Physically able to lift 50 to 75 pounds from the floor to waist height unassisted
* Physically able to lift 50 pounds from the floor to shoulder height unassisted
* Physically able to lift 50 pounds form the floor to overhead unassisted
* Physically able to push and pull 50 pounds unassisted
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) bend at the knees and waist
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) reach over your head or reach out with extended arms to perform work
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) twist at the waist to perform work
* Physically able to work in extreme temperatures and weather environments (road calls)
* Normal setting for this job is: Inside and Outside with occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
Contact: (239) 270-3301